Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Visit to Nagano



We took a trip to Nagano -home of the 1998 Winter Olympics This temple is called Zenkoji Temple - inside we went through a very dark passage and could touch the sacred key - 500 yen of mystical craziness!.... can you guess who the statue is of?


The area around here is historically known for high quality ninjas! Also the Soba (buckwheat pasta) noodles here are the best in Japan, possibly the world. I suspect that in the daytime, ninjas could hone their knife skills while preparing Soba noodles without raising too much suspicion from the Shogun....
I was lucky enough to go skiing one day while we were there. Rockin the rental gear for all it was worth. Lots of snow, no lines and it dumped all day.... check out the old school lift they were running just for me -


And while I'm at it let's take a run. .. . feel the wind in your hair, maybe a York peppermint patty will help....

2 comments:

Tree said...

Nice! Looks like you had the whole hill to yourself. How big is the resort?

Erich said...

The statue is... Baby Buddah!

Do the hubba-bubba, baby. (Say that ten times fast).

I watched the vides with terrapin station playing in the background. All that ninja talk had me lookin over my shoulder.

Ronin... you know I hate 'em.